In a previous blog I stated how the biggest players are turning more towards 3D animation and rendering for their marketing content production pipeline. But why?
To put it simply, It's faster, easier, and cheaper... but let's dive more into detail about all the great benefits of making this move.
Selling a product isn't easy, people need to know it exists. That means you need images or video displaying your product. But in this day and age products are being developed faster than ever, and the traditional method of hiring a photography or film-studio is becoming less practical.
I will start by saying in some cases hiring a film studio is probably the better option if you're dealing with things that are highly detailed and very hard to fake like close ups of the human face.
But that's the only situation I'd say It's going the photography route is the more practical option.
Now I'll list all the benefits of going 3D.
1. Sell more products: I listed this benefit first because is the most important one. Time is money, meaning the speed at which you can create content for your product influences how much profit you can make. This is more prominent with larger companies like Samsung or Microsoft who are rolling out multiple products a year. Going to a film studio means they you need to ship them the product, they need to hire a crew, expensive cameras, lights, a location etc. And ain't nobody got the time or money for that..
You can create images and video lighting fast with 3D product rendering and you can make changes instantly. Want to change the shape, color, materials etc. of your product? No need to film it again, just jump in 3D and change it within minutes. This means no longer do you deal with 6-12 month timelines but you can get things done within a month or two, sometimes weeks, and on really desperate situation, days... we've done it before..
2. Eliminate high costs: Because It's faster to create you can spend more time refining things, which means the quality output of your content is higher. You can increase the resolution if It's too low and if your lighting doesn't look that great you can adjust it on the fly.
3. Dominate social media with high end marketing content: Because It's faster to create you can spend more time refining things, which means the quality output of your content is higher. You can increase the resolution if It's too low and if your lighting doesn't look that great you can adjust it on the fly.
4. Virtual world: This is another compelling reason to use 3D product animation. There's no gravity, no physics, no rules. Within a virtual world there's creative freedom, you can get as close as you want to see details a real camera can't like how a product works on the inside of the product like Apple loves to do so often.
5. Creative freedom: Some things are just impossible to film. This is especially try when it comes to things heavily influenced by real world physics like no gravity, smoke, fire and liquids. Now you could use tricks to film all of these things, but you can't control them in the specific way you'd like to to convey your message.
5. Unique and premium: Just to put the icing on the cake, only the biggest companies are getting high quality 3D content for their products. Which makes them stand out and puts them in the premium category.
I could list a lot more but that should be enough to convince you why the biggest players are turning to 3D animation studios for all their digital marketing content production and why you should too.